Young Presidents’ Organization (YPO) is a global network of 20,000 business leaders in 100 countries. YPO members’ companies in aggregate generate more than $4.3 trillion in sales per year, equivalent to the world’s third largest economy in terms of GDP. Many YPO members also serve as active philanthropists, foundation leaders, ambassadors, government ministers, and leaders of prominent think tanks. The YPO network with its members’ entrepreneurial skills, amazing combined Rolodex and ability to get things done represents an opportunity to make a unique impact in the world.
Bobby Sager and Sager Family Foundation working with YPO's Social Enterprise Networks have founded YPO Presidents’ Action Net, an online platform and matching service that connects YPO members with their most influential peers to maximize their individual efforts to make a difference. Presidents’ Action Net collects detailed information about the YPO members who have the greatest influence and resources, and it connects peers who can add unique value to each others’ work. Access and participation in Presidents’ Action Net is a free service to YPO-WPO members and spouses. The only action item required of members to participate is to fill out the Presidents’ Action Net profile.
Starting in 2011, Young Presidents’ Organization’s Member to Member Exchange team took over operation of Presidents’ Action Net.
Overview of Initiative
YPO Presidents’ Action Net offers a collective Rolodex of world-class entrepreneurs who know how to get things done, and who serve as active philanthropists, foundation leaders, ambassadors, government ministers and leaders of prominent think tanks.
YPO Presidents’ Action Net helps business leaders to maximize their individual efforts to make a difference by leveraging the entrepreneurial skills and contacts of the YPO/ WPO network.
With its database of member profiles and search engine, YPO Presidents’ Action Net serves as a focal point for YPO and WPO members to offer their expertise and points of influence to other business leaders, as well as to governments, charitable organizations, foundations and think tanks.
Presidents’ Action Net offers:
- A single access point to connect with thousands of CEOs worldwide, many of whom serve as active philanthropists, foundation leaders, ambassadors, government ministers and leaders of prominent think tanks for advice.
- An invaluable global board of advisers for your making a difference work.
- Unparalleled global connections to get things done.
- A way to open the door to some of the world’s’ top organizations and most influential leaders.
- A confidential and convenient environment to submit requests
Ways to use Presidents’ Action Net:
- Get Strategic Advice: A major foundation is developing business-led strategies to employ out of school youth and wants to find the right business leaders to participate in devising the strategies.
- Identify High Impact Organizations: You are a YPOer who has just sold her business. Now you wish to do work related to global warming, and you need help connecting with organizations worthy of your support.
- Find Board Members: You want to find YPO members to serve on the board of your foundation.
- Share Best Practices: You have built a successful business-led community program in the Middle East, and you want to share your experience with other YPOers.
- Get Local Contacts: You are on the board of a microfinance organization building strategic alliances in Asia, and you seek help from local members who can introduce you to the right people.
- Find Key Executives: You are launching an organization that builds affordable housing in India, and you want help finding a CEO.
Why We Are Doing It
Presidents’ Action Net, by collecting detailed information about the 1000+ YPOers who have the greatest influence and resources, can match peers who can add unique value to each others’ work. YPO Action Net is entirely focused on making these extremely valuable connections happen.
How We Measure Success
- Number of YPO members with profiles on Presidents’ Action Net
- Number of active users
- Number of inquiries and successful matches
- Impact generated by Presidents’ Action Net matches